Zoe Saldana Love Guns


Avatar star Zoe Saldana says she enjoys weaponry because she has grown up with it.

The 33-year-old star, who belonged to a family of hunters, admitted she respects weapons and is at ease with guns, reported Contactmusic.

“Women with guns is happening and it’s exciting. On a personal level, I have respect for weapons and I like using them. I grew up in a family of hunters so I’ve been around guns my whole life, although I would never actually hunt myself. I’ve never taken a life, except maybe an ant or insect here and there and it still haunts me,” said Saldana.

The actress, who received wide acclaim for her role of Neytiri in the James Cameron film, insists being “addicted to adrenalin” even though it often leaves her “black and blue”.

“I always go home looking like a map. That’s what my mom tells me because I am black and blue all over the place. But I’m addicted to the adrenalin of being a physical person.

“That said, I’m entering the consciousness of mortality. With ‘Avatar’ I was fine: I’d get hurt, I’d get up, I’d brush it off and keep going. But my body feels like it’s aged 10 years. It can’t reboot as quickly,” added Saldana, who is currently shooting for her assassin movie Colombiana.