Jennifer Aniston Jokes About Her Breakup with Brad Pitt


Jennifer Aniston opened up about her break-up with Brad Pitt while recording an episode of Bravo's "Inside The Actors' Studio" hosted by James Lipton.

The actress made a rare exception by alluding to the failed relationship, which she has discussed only once before in an interview with Vanity Fair.

Speaking with James Lipton, Aniston reflected on her career including her early days in the movie "Leprechaun" up to her current role in the summer movie "Horrible Bosses."

Aniston alluded to her breakup with Pitt while talking about her first big hit "The Breakup" with Vince Vaughn. In the comedy drama, Aniston and Vaughn play a couple who decide to continue living together in their condo as roommates after breaking up with each other.

Aniston said her break-up with Pitt helped her with the role.

"It was just a beautiful story about a couple breaking up. And I was slightly familiar on the topic and the issue. And I sort of honestly felt like, what a great way to sort of exercise some of that," she said. "I enjoyed it. It really enjoyed it. You would think otherwise, because even the producers were like, 'I don't know if we should ask you to do this,' but I was like, why not? Turn the page, let's move on."

Earlier in the interview, referring to the NBC sitcom "Friends" that catapulted her to fame the world over, Aniston said:

"It's one of the greatest jobs I ever had," Aniston said. "It gave me everything. It gave me this ridiculously blessed life and career and taught me so much, and it's the best time I ever had."

"Inside The Actors' Studio" featuring Jennifer Aniston will air on Monday, July 11 at 8pm et/pt.