James Franco reveals parents cut him off financially for


Actor James Franco has revealed that his parents cut him off financially after he decided to pursue a career in acting. The Spider-Man star said he dropped out of an English course at the University of California Los Angeles and was told by his mum and dad that the time had come for him to stand on his own two feet. He told UK newspaper, the Guardian: “It’s not like they were mad at me, but basically they said, ‘You can make this decision, we’re not going to disown you, we’re still going to love you, but it has to be something you do on your own, and you’ll have to start supporting yourself’. “What it did is remove me from needing their approval or anyone else’s approval for what I did. And it’s kind of the same with everything now.” He added: “The ironic thing is my mother is now an actor — [she] has gone to acting class for three years and has just been in this film I directed. My brother’s an actor, too. Everyone’s getting in on the act.”