Ranveer Singh hates being treated as a Box Office God


He is just one film old in Bollwyood but Ranveer Singh promises to give blockbusters in years to come. The ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ sensation, who hails from a non-film background, pulled it off very easily in his very first film single handedly. So much so that he was addressed as the next superstar by none other than the King of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan.

However, the newbie does not like being treated as a star. Talking to a reporter, the lanky actor said, “I hate this attitude of the industry that puts a male star into the centre of everything, and starts treating me as the God of Box Office and not as an actor.”

The young actor, who impressed one and all with his scintillating performance in his debut film, wants to be treated as an actor. And there is nothing apart from a good role that drives him. Not even the amount that producers have been offering him.

“I am an actor. I want to read a role and get excited about how I will do it and the possibilities it offers to me as an actor,” the super talented young star said.

Well it seems Ranveer is learning humility much early in his career before stardom gets a better of him.